Tuesday 25 September 2007

BEST SALESMAN OF THE YEAR

AND IT HAD TO BE INDIAN !!!!

*BEST SALESMAN OF THE YEAR
*
An Indian moves to Montreal and goes to a big department store looking
for a job.

The manager asks, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The Indian says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home".

Well, the manager liked the young man, so he gave him the job. "You
start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did, but
let me give you a bit of advice. If a customer comes looking, say, for
toothpaste, you might suggest for him a toothbrush, or shaving cream
etc. You get the idea?"

"Of course," the young man said. His first day on the job was rough but
he got through it.

After the store was locked up, the manager came down. "How many sales
did you make today?

The Indian says, "One"

The manager groans, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30
sales/day.

How much was the sale for?"

The Indian says, "$101, 237.64."

The manager exclaims, "What? $101,237.64? What did you sell him?"

The Indian replied, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him
a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a
new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he
said down at the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we
went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris
Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I
took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Pajero."

The manager says "You mean a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you
sold him a boat and truck?!"

The Indian says, "No, no, no, he came in here to buy a box of Kotex for
his wife and I said, "Well, since your weekend's already screwed up you
might as well go fishing!!"

The manager fainted...

Cheers!