Monday 26 November 2007

What the Young Lotus are up to Sri Lanka


Sri Lanka Leyon Rajaratne Group Creative Director - TBWA\TAL How's life treating you after Young Lotus?Life is something I always enjoy living, and life has always been good to me. I must say I didn't experience a life change after attending Young Lotus. But it opens my eyes to the lives of others. Did Young Lotus help sharpen your creativity/ skills?It definitely did, if any one says “No” that definitely be somebody outside the industry. We (creative people) are a very funny bunch of people. Satisfaction comes to us in form of ads. So Young Lotus definitely helped us improve what we love doing.How has the AdFest trip affected your career?Our industry (except for a very few) doesn't put much financial muscle behind training, Some of us are lucky because we have got training in our agencies. But the training we received at Pattaya was of something new, and I'm proud to be one of the two first people who got that exposure. So I can say YES the Adfest trip pushed my carrier few more kootchars higher.Did attending Young Lotus change the way 'you' think?Yes, It told me to push my boundaries, think bigger, simpler and most importantly by competing with 9 other countries it gave me the confidence to compete at an international level than thinking only about local competition.