Wednesday 15 May 2013

Abercrombie & Fitch Gets a Brand Readjustment #FitchTheHomeless




#FitchTheHomeless

This is how it works: You don't like A&F's take on pretty, thin people and their store policies? Put your money -- or your former clothes -- where your mouth is.

Give your A&F clothes to the homeless. If you have the cash, raid your local goodwill and take all of the A&F stuff off the shelf. Proceed to take those articles of clothing to your local homeless shelter.

The homeless will get warm clothes (or cool clothes as the time of year requires) and A&F gets a kick to the face at the same time.

I'm not really big on social networking schemes. I'm definitely not one for general viral videos, unless I feel it has a real meaning to it. I'm usually not one to take part in revenge tactics.

This, however, is something I think is worth sharing. It's brilliant, it helps the less fortunate, and it puts to shame a brand that has openly been jerkfaces.

I've gotten really dirty looks going into A&F because I didn't wear designer clothes for all I fit their ideal female model at a size 1 when I did go to that store -- I never went again, to say the least. I'm not pretty enough and that's fine by me.

I'm all for giving clothes to the homeless, especially when the unfortunate truth is, brand name apparel does make it easier to acquire a job, as does clean clothes! I support the idea of putting a bad brand to good use.